The firm represents clients both as plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of substantive areas, including intellectual property, real estate, insurance, partnership and agency, employment, and professional liability disputes.
We have extensive experience defending companies and individuals in complex and high-profile civil matters, and in the full range of civil actions. We defend companies faced with complex contract disputes, serious consumer fraud claims, unfair competition claims, torts, and other civil claims.
Our focus from the outset is on ensuring a trial victory even as we consider other ways to resolve our clients’ disputes. This trial-ready mentality produces successful outcomes both in and out of the courtroom often early in the litigation process. Our broad base of experience and deep knowledge of specialized industries allows us to address the multi-faceted business concerns of our clients and to aggressively defend their interests and provide efficient commercial advice.
- Recently obtained dismissal of state law claims for unpaid royalties brought against Disney Enterprises by the heirs of a well-known singer and composer relating to certain music featured in the Jungle Book movies on the basis that such claims were barred by the applicable statute of limitations.
- Represented Theragenics, Inc., a Georgia-based public biotechnology company, in arbitration with their primary marketing and distribution partner. Obtained settlement for client two days into arbitration.
- Part of team that represented the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative (NRTC), a cooperative of rural electric and telecommunications providers throughout the country, in numerous federal lawsuits, including a class action, brought against DIRECTV for breach of agreements relating to distribution of premium satellite television services. Obtained settlement for client after nearly four years of complex litigation in various venues.
- Represented prominent California real estate developer, Casden Properties, in lawsuit for breach of contract and fraud against former partners in related to a large residential development partnership.
- Obtained seven figure arbitration award on behalf of fashion retailer Aéropostale against vendor for violation of indemnity agreement.
- Successfully utilized California’s anti-SLAPP statute to defend Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP against claims of disgruntled screenwriter alleging the firm conspired with its movie studio client to defraud and defame him.
- Successfully represented prominent real estate developer ST Residential, LLC against claims of former real estate broker alleging multimillion dollar claims for breach of contract and fraud after broker was replaced at luxury condominium and retail development in Koreatown neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Obtained temporary restraining order on behalf of management of prominent Century City office complex against organization using extreme methods to encourage worker demonstrations on the property.
- Obtained seven figure judgment in favor of prominent Los Angeles socialite against her former personal assistant for fraud and embezzlement.
- Successfully represented famous television personality and pitchman in dispute regarding the rights to a bestselling home-cleaning product, securing a favorable settlement vindicating the client’s rights at arbitration.