The firm possesses substantial litigation experience with patent, copyright and trademark infringement matters, as well as asserting and defending claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, specifically in the area of the theft of software-related intellectual property, and customer lists.
We also regularly handle domestic and foreign trademark prosecution, enforcement and clearance, ex parte and inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, intellectual property licensing, copyrights, rights of publicity, domain names and ICANN proceedings, and counsel clients on intellectual property acquisition and procurement.
- Currently representing the nation’s largest producer of Glatt Kosher meat in a high profile federal court action for trademark infringement and copyright infringement against various individuals and retailers who applied counterfeit labels to non-Glatt Kosher meat products.
- Defended prominent Atlanta radio personalities, Jimmy Baron and Leslie Fram, against claims for copyright infringement and defamation arising from their highly-rated morning show. Matter settled within three months of Complaint being filed and after motion to dismiss, with no monetary payment by clients.
- Obtained dismissal of “bet the company” claims asserted against small California-based consumer products maker and its key employees for misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, and violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Defended key officers of a Georgia-based radar imaging operator, Virtual Underground, against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets by the former employer. On behalf of the clients, obtained several significant, precedential rulings from the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, regarding the appropriate scope of a plaintiff’s trade secret designation prior to initiating trade secret discovery. [244 F.R.D. 676 (N.D.Ga. 2007]
- Defended small federal housing management company in complex trade secret and breach of contract matter brought by large, national competitor in Texas state court. Case settled with no payment on behalf of client or prohibitions against competition.
- Represented one of the country’s largest non-profit housing assistance providers, Nehemiah Corporation of California, in numerous lawsuits against the company’s former chief executive for misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, trademark infringement, computer hacking, usurpation of corporate opportunities, fraud and business torts.
- Represented multi-platinum recording artist’s record label in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board relating to the registration of the label’s moniker.
- Successfully defended NBCUniversal and Heroes creator Tim Kring in multimillion dollar copyright infringement lawsuit brought by graphic novelist, obtaining dismissal in the Central District of California, affirmance by the Ninth Circuit and award of full attorneys’ fees.
- Successfully defended various major fashion retailers Aéropostale and Stein Mart, among others, in series of high profile copyright infringement lawsuits brought by Los Angeles-based textile converters alleging misappropriation of fabric designs.