The firm has represented numerous life settlement providers in defense of investor fraud, misrepresentation and false advertising claims, as well as brokers and agents in commission disputes. We also represent policyholders and agents in the defense of rescission and chargeback claims brought by insurance carriers based upon STOLI (“stranger originated life insurance”). The firm provides counseling to various California-based life settlement providers on applicable federal and state laws and regulations impacting the life settlement industry.
- Currently representing California life settlement provider, Radiant Financial Partners, LLC, in claims brought against their former majority owner and President for breach of a non-compete agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets. Obtained rare preliminary injunction upholding the validity of the parties’ non-compete agreement under California law, and enjoining all competitive activities of the defendant pending trial.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims brought by an investor against prominent California-based life settlement provider relating to alleged misrepresentations by the client’s agent and within the purchase and sale agreement.
- Represented California-based life settlement provider against claims brought by alleged former partner for breach of contract, conversion and fraud.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of claims brought against Trinity Financial Services, LLC relating to claims by investor for breach of contract and conversion.
- Represented a prominent insurance broker against multi-million dollar chargeback claims brought by various insurers relating to the placement, and rescission, of high-value life insurance policies.
- Represented Financial Life Services, LLC against claims for breach of contract, fraud and conversion relating to the purchase and sale of a portfolio of life settlements.
- Successfully represented investment group purchaser of death benefits to a multi-million dollar life insurance policy from claims of fraud and misappropriation brought by original beneficiary and STOLI claim alleged by life insurance company.
- Successfully defended life insurance consultant group Gentry Partners Limited against claims of fraud and misrepresentation by well-heeled life insurance policy holder who blamed premium financer for his failure to profit from the sale of his eight figure policy on the secondary life settlement market.
- Obtained dismissal and transfer of claims brought against Parcside Equity, LLC relating to alleged conversion of two life insurance policies.